Skip to main content

Tekno’s song “Yawa” got me back in Love.

Tekno’s song “Yawa” got me back in Love.

Every true relationship has ‘true’ fights. Not necessarily physical violence and abuse (I would never do that or condone such) but horrible emotional reactions leading to disagreements and crazy outcomes.

This story is one of a flawless love affair that turned cold...ice-cold because I got to a point where the affection suddenly went dead like an electrocuted situation.

From the start of my love with my woman (I call her  ‘shuga’ ), our love was all perfect with the electromagnetic elements of attraction and positive energy like two live wires blowing things up all over the place. Then one day, boom! I just stopped talking to her. She tried with multiple attempts to get us back strong but I just refused to have ‘that’ conversation.

It has been over a year now. I will not say here that I just realise my folly. No. I always knew the road to perdition was somewhere across the street of a lost love. All the time bridges were burning; we could have been building a stronger structure.

The song “Yawa” by Tekno @alhajitekno has been the sole song on my playlist for many days. It got me thinking hey! The character in the song is doing everything to keep his relationship with “Monica” Lyrical effort to mend possible cracks in his love affair.

The couple of words that begin the first verse have great poetic power “Monica, no be today, me and you don dey fight e don tey...” deep literary fabric. To me, it tells of the undeniable fact that every romantic bond where true love constitutes the central string with which it is held together, has one or more unavoidable ‘fights’.


With precision, the chorus tells of how that when true love leaves or breaks apart, there will be trouble. This is what I said to my woman “If you leave me, am in trouble, it will be a sad situation if we break up”. ‘Yawa’ depicts a completely unfavourable condition or state of affairs, on so many levels it is better to be growing and working things out in love than to lose it completely.

I know that “cassava” is imagery that can be construed in different ways. For me it represents the totality of a man’s love, his trust, his devotion and commitment to his woman... everything that makes a man who he is...all that he’s got. This brings to mind another song ‘Pana’ where ‘big-cassava’ was used. A similar interpretation works perfectly for me here too because an adult in love, truly, is willing give everything to his woman. This is what am prepared to do.

The part where alcohol takes the blame is also instructive here because I also, very frequently, get lost in my cravings and addictions which almost always results in hurting my relationship whether or not I get caught, I lose my peace and the truth in love.

Some more intimate words I said to my woman like: “Oh my baby forgive o! I no go do it again o!” J
A process of reconciliation has started for us. I am happy and hopeful.


Tekno (#1 in Africa) and indeed beyond is a great musical personality with amazing songs, lyrics and instrumentals that reflect societal realities and suggests ways to tackle them. I admire the talent and brilliance put into all of his great works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU YAMAHA FOR EVERY MUSIC PERFECTION

Thinking of chords, notes, sound system and everything that has to do with the highest quality of instruments, am not going to fail in the need to appreciate the brains, creative minds and workforce of Yamaha. Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation and conglomerate based in Japan with a very wide range of products and services, predominantly musical instruments, electronics, and power sports equipment is widely appreciated for their contributions to the making, performing and enjoyment of great music in all genres. So beautify to see all the really gorgeous musical instruments that speak, sing, sound and show the excellence of the brand Yamaha. The Global impact reminds me of the beauty in consistent advancement and upgrade. The impact they have had for centuries in the development and production of magnificent masterpieces is incontrovertible. With the corporate slogan, "Sharing Passion & Performance," the Yamaha Group truly daily con

Our #AnimateExpressions for the song ‘In spite of me’ by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard & Ciara

It is raining here as I write these words of #AnimateExpressions for this exceptionally relatable song by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard and Ciara. Two sisters who really poured out so much passion into this music. The track has been on replay for hours now; I don’t cross every T I don’t dot every i  Gat more flaws than a little And I messed up a thousand times I don’t always commit Sometimes I give up way too quick and then I get tired of trying to run away from who I am to who I want to be…🎶🎤 I ask myself “what are your aspirations in life”? it scares me to realize that I may never meet the minutest part of every single one of them-expectations.  My tears are mixed with the rain, my heart rending form the feeling of disappointment because, again, I have fallen back into the addictions that I keep battling for so many years. These days I wouldn’t even chose me for anything good. They say nobody can really know you as much as you do. Yes. The things I know about me are so hurtful that I would s

LET ME GIVE YOUR HEART A BREAK

Demi Lovato always gets me super inspired and excited.  “this is real, this is me, am exactly who am supposed to be now…now I’ve found who I am” these words constantly describe the basis of reality. The words “be real” “be yourself” “don’t pretend” and other amazingly cool stuff that come with the good life feels perfect like watching a movie and learning the lines of the song done by my favorite character.   Now I know my heart needs a break because this thing about me that always wants to love truly and never hide the weakest part of me has constantly led me to shame, hurt and pain. Seriously, the song “Give your heart a break” relates my reality so well. I must say it out loud to Demi Lovato that the powerful pitch, strongly worded lines and excellent use of musical instruments gives her music a highly professional touch and effect like a strong fragrance. “the day I first met you, you told me you never fall in love Now that I get you, I know fear i