Skip to main content

Dear Mama: Using 2pac’s rap lines to appreciate my mother.


My personal resolve to staunchly rank 2pac one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time isrooted in my passion for great literary content and the use of powerful words to communicate deep emotional realities in stories that have past, present and future effects around my world.

True love and affection is effectively depicted in the relationship between a mother and a child. 

All other things being equal, without any of the negative and absurd circumstances of birth and living standards, parental love, care, affection and commitment is perfect.

Am connected to this song passionately because the very first few words directly speak of my own experiences growing up “when I was young me and my mama had beef” consistent misunderstandings and disagreements were all part of my childhood. My mother tried to raise me good but my revolting nature was something else.

A family of three boys, me, the boy in the middle, always wanted to take a position, prove a point or get strategically identified. I had my first major fight with my mother because she was going to stop me from listening to my favorite rapper whose song now inspires these #AnimateExpressions  

I now gratefully say to my mother “you’re appreciated” because truly, “Aint a woman alive that could take my mama’s place”. My wife and kids have my heart, my love and everything. It is my responsibility to do the needful in order to adequately make and raise a happy home but the love for my mother cannot be replaced or impeached. “’cause through the drama I can always depend on my mama”

I do not particularly agree with the lines in the second verse of the rap track “Dear Mama” by 2pac because my father was always there for me, protecting, loving, caring and instilling discipline in me. 
I understand how that several reasons account for abandonment, lack of care, absentee attitude and total hate that some homes experience. No reason is good enough to excuse a father who does not love and care for his home and I can relate with friends and family members whose fathers were cowards and so they felt nothing because really when a parent is a total stranger, it is difficult for the feelings to develop or grow.

To parents that daily ensure that there’s no limit to the things they do to keep their children happy, I say “you are appreciated”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU YAMAHA FOR EVERY MUSIC PERFECTION

Thinking of chords, notes, sound system and everything that has to do with the highest quality of instruments, am not going to fail in the need to appreciate the brains, creative minds and workforce of Yamaha. Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation and conglomerate based in Japan with a very wide range of products and services, predominantly musical instruments, electronics, and power sports equipment is widely appreciated for their contributions to the making, performing and enjoyment of great music in all genres. So beautify to see all the really gorgeous musical instruments that speak, sing, sound and show the excellence of the brand Yamaha. The Global impact reminds me of the beauty in consistent advancement and upgrade. The impact they have had for centuries in the development and production of magnificent masterpieces is incontrovertible. With the corporate slogan, "Sharing Passion & Performance," the Yamaha Group truly daily con

Our #AnimateExpressions for the song ‘In spite of me’ by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard & Ciara

It is raining here as I write these words of #AnimateExpressions for this exceptionally relatable song by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard and Ciara. Two sisters who really poured out so much passion into this music. The track has been on replay for hours now; I don’t cross every T I don’t dot every i  Gat more flaws than a little And I messed up a thousand times I don’t always commit Sometimes I give up way too quick and then I get tired of trying to run away from who I am to who I want to be…🎶🎤 I ask myself “what are your aspirations in life”? it scares me to realize that I may never meet the minutest part of every single one of them-expectations.  My tears are mixed with the rain, my heart rending form the feeling of disappointment because, again, I have fallen back into the addictions that I keep battling for so many years. These days I wouldn’t even chose me for anything good. They say nobody can really know you as much as you do. Yes. The things I know about me are so hurtful that I would s

LET ME GIVE YOUR HEART A BREAK

Demi Lovato always gets me super inspired and excited.  “this is real, this is me, am exactly who am supposed to be now…now I’ve found who I am” these words constantly describe the basis of reality. The words “be real” “be yourself” “don’t pretend” and other amazingly cool stuff that come with the good life feels perfect like watching a movie and learning the lines of the song done by my favorite character.   Now I know my heart needs a break because this thing about me that always wants to love truly and never hide the weakest part of me has constantly led me to shame, hurt and pain. Seriously, the song “Give your heart a break” relates my reality so well. I must say it out loud to Demi Lovato that the powerful pitch, strongly worded lines and excellent use of musical instruments gives her music a highly professional touch and effect like a strong fragrance. “the day I first met you, you told me you never fall in love Now that I get you, I know fear i