Skip to main content

Our #AnimateExpressions for the song ‘In spite of me’ by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard & Ciara

It is raining here as I write these words of #AnimateExpressions for this exceptionally relatable song by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard and Ciara. Two sisters who really poured out so much passion into this music. The track has been on replay for hours now;

I don’t cross every T

I don’t dot every i 

Gat more flaws than a little

And I messed up a thousand times

I don’t always commit

Sometimes I give up way too quick

and then I get tired of trying to run away from who I am to who I want to be…🎶🎤

I ask myself “what are your aspirations in life”? it scares me to realize that I may never meet the minutest part of every single one of them-expectations. 

My tears are mixed with the rain, my heart rending form the feeling of disappointment because, again, I have fallen back into the addictions that I keep battling for so many years. These days I wouldn’t even chose me for anything good. They say nobody can really know you as much as you do. Yes. The things I know about me are so hurtful that I would sentence me to death if I was the judge of me.

People often say to share your problems with them but the sad reality is that most people just judge you, ignore you or outright cancel you when the real you, with the scar and flaws, get put out there.

Very few people would identify with you when the accolades and public acceptance from your circle fades away.😕It is actually when people are doing the right things so well that they get awards, commendations and acceptance.

You still love me 

in spite of me

you still chose me

how can it be…🎶🎤

It is unbelievable that I could be loved in spite of me, but it is true. I am excited about the fact, the song and the effect it has on me…of course everyone who deliberately listens to the song and let it pour out its essence on them.

Every scar

Every flaw

You see it all…🎶🎤


The part of the song that goes “Yea can I get a witness” was repeated over and over again by both Tasha and Ciara. Hey sisters, you have a witness in me, not just me but innumerable witnesses who have gone through tough times dealing with their realities. Some of us are even still going through so much self-inflicted pain and hurt particularly because the consequences would forever be seen/felt. However, it is also true that so many of us are witnesses to a love so relentless.

Giving up on oneself is kindda like a daily affair and then we just find ourselves falling short of even our own minutest standards.😖

To be the chosen one on a daily is really hard to believe particularly when there is a choice.

For us as humans, we always opt for the better option whenever there is a choice.

Even in the best of family love and togetherness, nobody really wants the ‘black sheep’ of the family. When it comes to love and wanting you around, even your family sometimes just won’t choose you for certain roles/functions particularly when you do not really hold up the family name the exact same way the patriarch or matriarch said it should be.



Thank you so much, Tasha and Ciara❤❤ for your gifts, the blessings, your passion, your hard-work and the courageous hope dissipated through this artistry. 

Thank you God for the love. We love you God, right back.💝

-Simpa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU YAMAHA FOR EVERY MUSIC PERFECTION

Thinking of chords, notes, sound system and everything that has to do with the highest quality of instruments, am not going to fail in the need to appreciate the brains, creative minds and workforce of Yamaha. Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation and conglomerate based in Japan with a very wide range of products and services, predominantly musical instruments, electronics, and power sports equipment is widely appreciated for their contributions to the making, performing and enjoyment of great music in all genres. So beautify to see all the really gorgeous musical instruments that speak, sing, sound and show the excellence of the brand Yamaha. The Global impact reminds me of the beauty in consistent advancement and upgrade. The impact they have had for centuries in the development and production of magnificent masterpieces is incontrovertible. With the corporate slogan, "Sharing Passion & Performance," the Yamaha Group truly daily con

TRACK REVIEW: SUNSET BLUSH'S I THINK IT'S TIME

Sunset Blush makes Indie, pop, punk, rock and just about all shades of music. The very unique voice and vocal exceptionalism here is undeniable. The song “I think it’s time” opens with the something like the sound of a happy note of hope. The feeling of clam urgency gives it a poetic placement.✌   “I think it’s time to… Open the curtains …I think it’s time to hug the person right next to you …Hugging stranger’s leads to wedding bells…” This is one of the songs that show up with a reminder of the need for people all over the world to come together and realize that all it takes to move from being strangers to best of friends is a kind gesture. If you keep to yourself and I keep to myself, all we will have is a world of lonely people keeping to themselves and hiding in the shadows of their individual difficulties when the person right next to us can be all the solution we would ever need. They say procrastination steals fulfillment. It reminds me of a beautiful