Skip to main content

I LOVE TO SING THE SONG BUT I CAN’T SHAKE IT OFF





I know that what people say about me is instructive but not more effective than what I say by myself to myself.
The sarcasm is more than just poetic when I pay attention to what people say when they don’t see the truth.

I cannot get tied up by the negative comments people go around with about me, when I hear Taylor swift saying to me “shake it off”. The song is really good.

“…I go on too many dates, but I can’t make them stay”

Love has done me wrong again!!!

 “…what people say…” has not affected me as much as what I continue to say to the man in the mirror. I almost always know the right thing to do but I almost always find myself failing in my responsibility to insist on doing the right thing.

If love can save me, can it by any chance destroy everything I have been building for a while?

Is it so hard to function correctly? Is it not the push of desire that makes passion realistic? Why do I let my emotions lead me into familiar dangerous spots time and again? Please why do I keep getting sadness from the happiness that consumes me? 

Yes “I’ve got this music in my mind saying it’s gonna be alright” but it is very difficult to play the music in my mind when the darkness of failing on so many levels keep consuming me and effectively stopping me from seeing the light that ought to shine brighter for me.


A smile crosses my sad face as I watch Rosita (Rees Witherspoon) and Gunter (Nick Kroll) perform in the animation ‘Sing’. The #AnimateExpressions of musical adaptation here is impressive. The touch of real story telling talent is undeniably sweet.
You think life is stressing you out until you see and know what I am dealing with constantly. Maybe not as impossible as having to respond to the needs of so many kids at a time and still run a home effectively, but I really do have shoes that feel like those of Buster Moon (Matthew McConaughey) the Koala who lost everything and had nothing at a very critical point in his life. Courage, hope and “shake it off” are words that don’t come so easy to me right now.

I really should quit with the buts…

But if only I could totally escape from this ‘me’, would I not be free? ‘Becoming a star’, ‘winning’, ‘dream big dreams’… the greatness in my desires don’t want me as much as I really do want them.
 
Don’t tell me to cut myself some slack because I know that life won’t give me what I deserve but what I demand. If getting punished when I know it serves me right justifies a vicious sequence, what do I do when all my plans to get it right just fall off like a pack of cards?

...and she called me 'Best'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU YAMAHA FOR EVERY MUSIC PERFECTION

Thinking of chords, notes, sound system and everything that has to do with the highest quality of instruments, am not going to fail in the need to appreciate the brains, creative minds and workforce of Yamaha. Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation and conglomerate based in Japan with a very wide range of products and services, predominantly musical instruments, electronics, and power sports equipment is widely appreciated for their contributions to the making, performing and enjoyment of great music in all genres. So beautify to see all the really gorgeous musical instruments that speak, sing, sound and show the excellence of the brand Yamaha. The Global impact reminds me of the beauty in consistent advancement and upgrade. The impact they have had for centuries in the development and production of magnificent masterpieces is incontrovertible. With the corporate slogan, "Sharing Passion & Performance," the Yamaha Group truly daily con

Our #AnimateExpressions for the song ‘In spite of me’ by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard & Ciara

It is raining here as I write these words of #AnimateExpressions for this exceptionally relatable song by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard and Ciara. Two sisters who really poured out so much passion into this music. The track has been on replay for hours now; I don’t cross every T I don’t dot every i  Gat more flaws than a little And I messed up a thousand times I don’t always commit Sometimes I give up way too quick and then I get tired of trying to run away from who I am to who I want to be…🎶🎤 I ask myself “what are your aspirations in life”? it scares me to realize that I may never meet the minutest part of every single one of them-expectations.  My tears are mixed with the rain, my heart rending form the feeling of disappointment because, again, I have fallen back into the addictions that I keep battling for so many years. These days I wouldn’t even chose me for anything good. They say nobody can really know you as much as you do. Yes. The things I know about me are so hurtful that I would s

Top Six Selected Songs we call Bravery's finest.

The truth about our individuality is that we separately often experience the collective realities of life. We know that we can choose the outcome of every fight so we do the needful to win. These six selected songs are effective musical weapons of combat that consistently help us to succeed in, and stay on top of, everything that we do. 1.    'I Will Fear No more' by The Afters You’re my courage when I worry in the dead of night, You’re my strength ‘cause am not strong enough to win this fight, You are greater than the battle raging in my mind, I will trust you Lord I will fear no more... This song has given us so many testimonies in our professional and personal lives. Our friends, family members and colleagues also have had, and still will continue to tell about undeniable experiences plus remarkable workings of miracles through the spirit that inspired this song.  Anxiety consistently seeks to defeat us when we focus on our capabilities and strength. Pre