Skip to main content

The e-dialogue: @RymstaRay communicates his passion with passion



                                                                    

The passion we are about here @themusopole is relating stories in, around, for, on, by or about music. We call these stories #AnimateExpressions. Artists/Musicians and people generally gifted with music have so much power over our world today just as the string and a guitar are inseparable. Thinking something about coated copper alloy wound stainless steel acoustic guitar strings…Shhhh!  

This is for @RymstaRay an amazing musician whose lines are real and mind-setting…literally he goes, with words into the ‘settings’ of your mind.  May 28th 2017 was the date the album Raynaissance was uncovered, it is now all over everywhere and we will sure continue to follow the “brightness of his rising”.
Here is our exclusive interaction (e-dialogue) with @RymstaRay which with great respect and love, we feel honored to share.

@themusopole : Please tell us a bit about you…Full name, state, schools, Education (Profession) and other personal details you may wish to share.

@RymstaRay : My name is Ekwu Raymond. I’m from Delta State. My primary school was Loral Interantional School, Festac, Lagos. I had my Secondary education in Community Secondary School, Asokoro, Abuja. I read Mass Communications in Bingham University, Karu.

@themusopole : Give us a little music resume: How it all started, when you wrote your first rap/song and what musical instrument you fancy the most.

@RymstaRay : My first song was written and recorded in 2008. I released a single titled “Chukwu Yemehike” which means “God thank you” in my language. I’ve always loved the guitar, I could rap to it anytime.

@themusopole : This is for your Raynaissance Album. We love the great display of intellectual and kingdom wisdom.  What was it like during recording? Where did the title come from?

@RymstaRay : It was really overwhelming. There were times I had sleepless nights in the studio trying to get the songs ready, but I give God all the glory, the album is finally here. Raynaissance has a dual connotation;the first is an allusion to the Renaissance era, a period when there was revival of classical arts, literature and architechture in Europe. So I wanted the album to be a revival of good music. The second meaning is the play on words, Renaissance means “Rebirth” so Raynaissance means “The rebirth of Rymsta Ray”.
@themusopole : We know that scriptures inspire you greatly. Please tell us more about people and places that you get inspiration from.

@RymstaRay : I listen a lot to my Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA. I learn a whole lot from him and I try to apply that wisdom in the music. I also listen to certain artists like Lecrae, KB, Andy Mineo etc. These guys always challenge the status quo so I’m always motivated by the music they make.

@themusopole : How do you go about writing songs? Do you have a blackboard and chalks in your bathroom?

@RymstaRay : (Laughs out loud) I write whenever I’m inspired to. Usually the thought pattern comes in concepts. So I think of the idea and then I try to wrap the lyrics and sound around it as I am led.

@themusopole : There is something about the tracks #Ororo and #Chikopokopo they bring excellent vibes all together to the concept of dancing under the influence of the anointing. Tell us more about #ororoNation.

@RymstaRay : #OroroNation is simply acknowledging a higher power over everything we do as individuals. It’s recognizing that beyond the skill set and gifting, the anointing backs up all we do. Every person who vibes with me and feels the same way is definitely a citizen of #OroroNation.

@themusopole : The Album begins with Awezzom, a track laced with powerful lines like “an heir to the throne like a firstborn” what can you tell us about this kingdom?

@RymstaRay : The Kingdom of God is one that lasts forever. God’s rule is everlasting and so I try to let listeners know even in the most subtle ways about it in my music.

@themusopole : We call Track 5 #Sinima “the 04:09 movie” (The four minutes, Nine seconds movie) what’s the story behind the lights, camera, action?

@RymstaRay : Sinima is a song I wrote in a transition period in my life. It reflects the good, the bad and the ugly in one beautiful symphony. I feel people can get an intimate glimpse of me in that song.

@themusopole : Still on #Sinima We believe it is more effective to be “swimming in the mainstream, yet giving them the news” than to be doing multiple laps in your home pool and only reading the news. Do you agree?

@RymstaRay : Yes. I agree with you totally. We are called to be the light of the world, not just the light of the church. So by all means necessary we make music that will reach the unchurched without bashing them with religion, but a beautiful relationship with Christ.

@themusopole : Is there a possibility that we will hear a rap-worship single or Album from you in the near future, where rap lines be dropping real s-l-oooooo-w?

@RymstaRay : I can’t say for now. Anything is possible.

@themusopole : We want to ask about your honesty on this record…you chose words carefully in your lyrics a lot. How do you get to be honest in a world so vain and full of lies?

@RymstaRay : I want to be as authentic and real as possible with my music. I feel that’s the way you can reach out to someone, especially someone who has never met you physically before. They listen to your music and they feel they can connect with you on so many levels.

@themusopole : Now one of our favorite tracks off the album is #Jubilee (Track 9) what can you tell us about that one?

@RymstaRay : Jubilee is a trap song that reflects my views on the economy and general state of the nation. I’m glad we are currently out of recession. We will keep declaring the message of Jubilee because we have been called to proclaim freedom to the mentally captive.

@themusopole : We believe your tracks will continue to place you on global pedestals, what key message do you want listeners to take with them everywhere?

@RymstaRay : God is real and so his love. You can’t separate the two because God is love. When you love God, you love truly so love truly people. 

@themusopole : The Album ends with the track Rich N Rychus. Please tell us more about how to balance it. Living rich and wealthy plus staying righteous?

@RymstaRay : We are righteous not by our own works, we have been saved by Grace. However, we can also be prosperous, even while here on Earth. God wants you to live the complete life. God wants you to rich and righteous, not poor and miserable but in making that wealth, always put Him first.


Follow @RymstaRay he is everywhere.

Thanks.
@themusopole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU YAMAHA FOR EVERY MUSIC PERFECTION

Thinking of chords, notes, sound system and everything that has to do with the highest quality of instruments, am not going to fail in the need to appreciate the brains, creative minds and workforce of Yamaha. Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation and conglomerate based in Japan with a very wide range of products and services, predominantly musical instruments, electronics, and power sports equipment is widely appreciated for their contributions to the making, performing and enjoyment of great music in all genres. So beautify to see all the really gorgeous musical instruments that speak, sing, sound and show the excellence of the brand Yamaha. The Global impact reminds me of the beauty in consistent advancement and upgrade. The impact they have had for centuries in the development and production of magnificent masterpieces is incontrovertible. With the corporate slogan, "Sharing Passion & Performance," the Yamaha Group truly daily con

Our #AnimateExpressions for the song ‘In spite of me’ by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard & Ciara

It is raining here as I write these words of #AnimateExpressions for this exceptionally relatable song by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard and Ciara. Two sisters who really poured out so much passion into this music. The track has been on replay for hours now; I don’t cross every T I don’t dot every i  Gat more flaws than a little And I messed up a thousand times I don’t always commit Sometimes I give up way too quick and then I get tired of trying to run away from who I am to who I want to be…🎶🎤 I ask myself “what are your aspirations in life”? it scares me to realize that I may never meet the minutest part of every single one of them-expectations.  My tears are mixed with the rain, my heart rending form the feeling of disappointment because, again, I have fallen back into the addictions that I keep battling for so many years. These days I wouldn’t even chose me for anything good. They say nobody can really know you as much as you do. Yes. The things I know about me are so hurtful that I would s

Top Six Selected Songs we call Bravery's finest.

The truth about our individuality is that we separately often experience the collective realities of life. We know that we can choose the outcome of every fight so we do the needful to win. These six selected songs are effective musical weapons of combat that consistently help us to succeed in, and stay on top of, everything that we do. 1.    'I Will Fear No more' by The Afters You’re my courage when I worry in the dead of night, You’re my strength ‘cause am not strong enough to win this fight, You are greater than the battle raging in my mind, I will trust you Lord I will fear no more... This song has given us so many testimonies in our professional and personal lives. Our friends, family members and colleagues also have had, and still will continue to tell about undeniable experiences plus remarkable workings of miracles through the spirit that inspired this song.  Anxiety consistently seeks to defeat us when we focus on our capabilities and strength. Pre