Skip to main content

RUBY'S ANIMATE EXPRESSIONS FOR THE SONG: I’M STILL STANDING BY TARON EGERTON




First off, much accolades to Elton John who did the original song in 1983.

Life has been tough but a lot of us are “still standing”. The particular part of this song that really gets me hyper is the chorus. I can relate to the character in the movie “SING”, Johny the Ape with a British accent (Taron Egerton) who was passionate about following his heart despite his father's disapproval and absence. I know how it feels to be abandoned by one of the most important figures in one’s life, a Father.A lot of people may not know this, but he didn’t just sing to entertain the crowd, Johnny was actually pouring out his feelings. Similarly when I sing to the lyrics of the particular song, I always feel the painful sting of abandonment. If Johnny, being an Ape, an animal, can feel heart broken by his father’s character and attitude towards him, how much more me, a human with strong need for love and attention.

                           "Don't you know am still
                Standing better than I ever did" 


Ever stopped to wonder how hard life has pushed you? Well, I have, and guess what? Even with all life has pushed my way, I am standing better than I used to in the past.

                                     
   "Looking like a true survivor                Feeling like a little kid"



It doesn’t matter how the world views you, what do you see when you look at the mirror? a failure, or a winner?, a broken person or a survivor? Do you remember how it feels to be a kid, when you thought you could do anything, just before the world showed you limitations and disapproval? Well, it is still possible to do those things even now, all you have got to do is to think like you used to when you were a kid. 

You can’t let the negativity of your past or your present stop you, because this is what makes you a survivor. Johnny’s father saw him as a failure and a disappointment; but Johnny saw in himself, a winner, and that made him a survivor.

"Am still standing after all this time
am picking up the pieces of my life 
without you on my mind"


“After all this time”, yeah, it might take a long time, it might even seem like forever, but you have got to hold on. Abandonment is not the only thing I have to face in life believe me, it’s a everyday struggle to be a better person. Yes my life might not be in pieces, but I am surely picking up every piece that needs to fill the space of love and affection I never got from my father, I choose to forgive and put every other thing about him out of my mind, but I have picked up pieces of love, I mean TRUE LOVE from someone who is more than just a father. Yes I know you think its God right? <lol> of course I know God is always a father, but I am speaking about a human, with God’s heart towards me, so my heart or life might not be in pieces, but I am picking pieces of love and affection each day to fill that empty space. It won’t hurt so bad anymore if you could just drop the pain and choose to be happy. I call him BEST.

-Ruby.


                                      

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU YAMAHA FOR EVERY MUSIC PERFECTION

Thinking of chords, notes, sound system and everything that has to do with the highest quality of instruments, am not going to fail in the need to appreciate the brains, creative minds and workforce of Yamaha. Yamaha Corporation, the Japanese multinational corporation and conglomerate based in Japan with a very wide range of products and services, predominantly musical instruments, electronics, and power sports equipment is widely appreciated for their contributions to the making, performing and enjoyment of great music in all genres. So beautify to see all the really gorgeous musical instruments that speak, sing, sound and show the excellence of the brand Yamaha. The Global impact reminds me of the beauty in consistent advancement and upgrade. The impact they have had for centuries in the development and production of magnificent masterpieces is incontrovertible. With the corporate slogan, "Sharing Passion & Performance," the Yamaha Group truly daily con

Our #AnimateExpressions for the song ‘In spite of me’ by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard & Ciara

It is raining here as I write these words of #AnimateExpressions for this exceptionally relatable song by Tasha Cobbs-Leonard and Ciara. Two sisters who really poured out so much passion into this music. The track has been on replay for hours now; I don’t cross every T I don’t dot every i  Gat more flaws than a little And I messed up a thousand times I don’t always commit Sometimes I give up way too quick and then I get tired of trying to run away from who I am to who I want to be…🎶🎤 I ask myself “what are your aspirations in life”? it scares me to realize that I may never meet the minutest part of every single one of them-expectations.  My tears are mixed with the rain, my heart rending form the feeling of disappointment because, again, I have fallen back into the addictions that I keep battling for so many years. These days I wouldn’t even chose me for anything good. They say nobody can really know you as much as you do. Yes. The things I know about me are so hurtful that I would s

Top Six Selected Songs we call Bravery's finest.

The truth about our individuality is that we separately often experience the collective realities of life. We know that we can choose the outcome of every fight so we do the needful to win. These six selected songs are effective musical weapons of combat that consistently help us to succeed in, and stay on top of, everything that we do. 1.    'I Will Fear No more' by The Afters You’re my courage when I worry in the dead of night, You’re my strength ‘cause am not strong enough to win this fight, You are greater than the battle raging in my mind, I will trust you Lord I will fear no more... This song has given us so many testimonies in our professional and personal lives. Our friends, family members and colleagues also have had, and still will continue to tell about undeniable experiences plus remarkable workings of miracles through the spirit that inspired this song.  Anxiety consistently seeks to defeat us when we focus on our capabilities and strength. Pre